December 2, 2010

A new face.......

Not long after the passing away of my beloved Coco, I also lost another pet. One of my pet cavys became very sick and sadly had to be put to sleep. It broke my heart. But I knew she had a great life, even if it was short. She originally came to me from a rescue shelter, where she had been rescued from a life of neglect and poor health. They had rehabilitated her and she spent the rest of her time with me and her room mate Paris. Her name was Somali.
Since Somali's death, Paris was lost. Guinea pigs are not solitary creatures. They thrive in groups. Paris was so lonely and depressed.
So in early December a new piggy graced my home. Her name is Snickers...which she was crowned with because of her chocolate and caramel coloured hair and the fact that she is a little 'nutty'. I thought I'd post up a picture of her for you all to see. Paris is a new girl since Snickers has come to live with us. They live very happily together in a totally pampered lifestyle with me and my 3 cats.

No comments: